NewTLUG and Seneca?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 25 23:29:16 UTC 2009

Last evening I went out to talk about Linux Games at the Seneca
NewTLUG meeting... What can I say, the turnout was to be polite, sad
... very sad ... More to the point, this isn't the first time I've
done a Seneca talk, where the total peak attendance was under 5
people.

I am happy enough to help, preparing talks, etc., as I am currently
looking for a new job, I have the time at present. But, not much point
in doing the talk prep. work when I can count my audience on the
fingers of one hand, and have fingers left over... The January meeting
at IBM had over 20 people show up (which was a reasonable enough
crowd), this month it was 3 ...

So, how do we fix this? We could:

- Have all NewTLUG meetings at IBM (but this could be hard on Paul Mora).
- Not have meetings when there is an issue with IBM
- Find better ways to promote Seneca as a meeting location
- Find better public speakers than me
- Find another venue when IBM isn't available
- None of the above?

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

Colin McGregor