wierd firefox issue w/ nytimes.com

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 25 03:34:00 UTC 2009

Matt Price wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 21:01 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
>>  I'd really like to be able to just remove the
>> preferences for nytimes.com, but there's no obvious interface to the
>> database from within firefox, and i'm not familiar enough with sqlite to
>> feel comfortable just deleting an entry -- though i guess i probably
>> could do that and try.
>
> did it, and it was easy.  just 2 DELETE statements from the sqlite
> command prompt, and my problem's solved!

Great, but what I should have suggested earlier and still suggest you do
is follow-up with a Firefox support forum or mailing list; they'll be
better-informed on how to "properly" deal with this problem.. or,
there's a rare chance that you may have discovered a bug ("unintentional
feature"?) that's hard to find because of your built-up environment.

Marc

--
A computer without Windows is like chocolate cake without mustard.
   -- Unknown