wierd firefox issue w/ nytimes.com

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 24 18:52:49 UTC 2009

hey folks

this is a little OT, but since i don't know where else to turn...

i've been having a little trouble with firefox for the last 2 months or
so.  this is running ubuntu intrepid, firefox version 3.0.6
+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.10.1 .  At least one site I use a lot,
www.nytimes.com, renders very poorly -- I see the top banner and the
left column of what should be the main table, but the main body of the
site doesn't display at the top -- instead, I find it waaaayyyy down
below the very long left-hand column.  and below the first set of
stories, there's another loooooooong break, and then the rest of the
page.  I've created a new profile, and the new profile does NOT have the
same problem, so presumably the issue lies in my Default profile.  But4
I've disabled every add-in and wiped the cache without any effect.  Has
anyone else ever seen this problem -- and hopefully solved it?  Or if
not, any suggestions for a more systematic testing that isn't likely to
wreck my firefox setup -- I've done a fair bit of customization and
don't want to start from scratch.  anyway, thanks as always,

matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org