Document Templating / Report Generation solution?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 23 17:08:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Christopher Browne wrote:
> none of that is particularly plausible to do using LaTeX.
>
> It's a macro language intended to transform bits of text into
> the sets of glyphs, words, and paragraphs that get "glued
> together" to comprise a document.

Ok, so the proper mechanism when the text content is variable,
is to have other script generate a Latex document, right?

> Getting all of those forms *is* a pretty high "bar" to set.

Thanks for the comment. While I am not sure I agree about it is
being "high" - obviously for word processor (formated document
editor) this is a normal requirement - but basically you said
the the requirement that it should go to various format put the
solution in somewhat narrow choices.

> Conceivably, generating ODF (which, as you suggest, could be
> quite a task) could replace generating DocBook.

My thought as well. Of course with ODF we can have much easier
tools such as UNO interface of OpenOffice.org, so I don't even
have to know the internal structure of ODF XML.

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo