Second draft of RFI response

Kyle O'Donnell kyleodonnell-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 19 14:06:34 UTC 2009

Great Document.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Here are some comments:

Q2 As stated above, we can demonstrate that free-proprietary software
– while serving some useful purposes – is rarely useful in production
environments. We are not aware of any legally acquired
free-proprietary software that is useful for commercial production
environments without requiring an upgrade to a paid version.

I would leave this statement out, as it is speculative ("We are not
aware"), and it may negatively influence someone's opinion on
"free-proprietary software"

Q2.1 typo:
... if high quality Canadian SSERVICE providers are prepared to support it.

Q3.8 Is the software included in the repositories of major Linux distributions?
I would change 'Linux' to 'open source operating systems' maybe add
'such as Linux'.

--kyleo