Open source Band website software?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 18:22:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Richard Dice <rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Hi Madi,
>>
>> Have you and/or your friend considered Myspace?  While it's not open source
>> per se, and while personally I find it pretty awful, it is where all the
>> bands in the world have their web space.  There are a lot of plugins that
>> are tailored to bands, e-newletter distribution, audio, photos, tour
>> calendars, etc.
>>
>> If what your friend cares about is being a successful band, Myspace is a
>> pretty much a must-do.
>
> Similar is true for Facebook, too; I'm not quite sure where preference
> would lie between the two.

I would take a good hard look at the TOS first; Facebook recently made
changes to theirs that have a lot of people upset as regards who
"owns" information posted.  I do know however their TOS state
specifically that they may use ANYTHING you post without compensation.

I don't know or use Myspace at all so I can't speak to their terms.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/