Advice for a document management system

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 14:16:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Latex looks scary, but I think most people highly overestimate
> the difficulty of using it.  It fails at the instant
> gratification that a WYSIWYG tool gives you,

There is LyX with WYSIWYM which may close the gap.

> but then again people were much more productice with
> wordperfect 5.1 with a text display than they are with word
> because they spend too much time playing with formating.

I used Word 5 for DOS (menu on bottom) and for me it is one of
the best word processor ever. :-) I did layouts for few booklet
using it.

That said, I do like the WP concept where formatting can
generally be applied to any text (open and closing code).

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo