anti-Linux Policy at HP

Glen Strom gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 17 00:58:24 UTC 2009

Robert Brockway wrote:

> I suspect, as others have noted, that different business units are
> operating independently.  HP _certifies_ some servers for use with
> Debian so at least one of their business units has some Linux-foo.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

I bought an HP xw4600 workstation last August. You get to choose between
Vista, an XP downgrade from Vista, or Red Hat. I've called the
workstation group for assistance and the automated answering system asks
if you're in a Linux environment so you can be connected to the right
technicians.

--
Glen Strom
gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org