anti-Linux Policy at HP

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 16 16:04:01 UTC 2009

| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| I always leave MS Windows on the systems that I buy with Windows (hard
| to avoid).  This may be stupid but it does let me apply firmware
| updates that are delivered as Windows packages.

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

I install Linux and can choose either Linux of Windows at boot time.

I almost never *use* Windows on these boxes other than for maintenance
(firmware updates and Windows updates).

I've found Windows Vista to be cantankerous about this but it will
behave if you do things just the right way.