anti-Linux Policy at HP

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 15 18:46:45 UTC 2009

I. Khider wrote:
> Considering HP sponsors a lot of linux applications and even
> pre-installs some of their machines with Linux, is this not a double
> standard?
>
> Personally, I would like to take this issue to the papers.
>
> My case number with HP is #80216227703
>
> Views would be appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> Ib Khider

FWIW, I recently read an article about how HP is no longer supplying
Linux on netbooks, even though that market is doing very well for other
brands.  It sounds like a certain software company, which shall remain
nameless, is up to their old tricks again.  Incidentally, in a large
company like HP it's possible for one division to work against the
interests of another, as happened with IBM & OS/2.