Open source Band website software?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 15 16:32:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  A young friend of mine has a (music) band and is starting to actually get
> off the ground. They've already got a show booked at the Opera House and
> they're looking at touring this summer. I'd like to help them out, so I was
> going to register a domain for them and try to setup a website.
>
>  So my question is, can anyone here recommend a website package that
> provides features like a calendar for upcoming gigs, photos, embedded media
> and so on? I am sure something like this wouldn't be to complicated. :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Madi

ModX is a FOSS CMS. I've only had a bit of exposure to it myself
(recently inherited a site that uses it) but it seems decent for a
free CMS.

http://modxcms.com/features.html

It's also extensible with addons for calendar support, etc, so it
should be able to do most of what you want (you could always use
multiple packages for various functions too).