World of Goo Linux Version is Ready!

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 14 14:26:15 UTC 2009

2009/2/14 Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> The Linux version of World of Goo is finally ready for download! It's
> available exclusively from our site, in three different packages
> depending on what your computer likes. (tar.gz, deb, rpm)
>
> If you already got the game from our site, you can use your same
> download link to get the linux version in addition to your Windows and
> Mac versions. A huge thanks to Maks Verver for getting this running on
> linux, and the beta testers for making sure it runs smoothly! The full
> game and demo versions all available here.
>
> Update: Yes, still DRM free! And works on 64 bit systems too.
>
> Source: http://2dboy.com/2009/02/12/world-of-goo-linux-version-is-ready/

For those who are curious about the game but who don't want to shell
out the cash or download the demo to find out what it's like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_PyLjJjYDQ

There are lots of other videos, but that looks like the best starting
point.  Reminds me a bit of  lemmings: building stuff to rescue not
very bright blobs.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/