PCI-E wireless

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 12 07:24:24 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It seems that I'm going to be testing a laptop that ships with a VIA
wireless card. This chipset is reported to have problems with its Linux
driver (whose problems start with ambiguous licensing).

So it seems I may be in the market for a wireless mini PCI-E card. So H
have two questions;

- Intel, Atheros or something else? (Intended platform: Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04)

- Does anywhere in Toronto sell them? The best I've found so far is mail
order from Vancouver.

Thanks!