Advice for a document management system

David J Patrick djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 15:15:47 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Latex (and tex in general) isn't really that hard to sue and you get to
> focus on writing your content and not really worrying about the layout
> because the layout will be 100% consistent and good looking.
I certainly agree that a sharp division between content and style is
likely to have more consistent output quality and that (once set up)
will offer much less distraction to the writer.

> Latex looks scary, but I think most people highly overestimate the
> difficulty of using it.  It fails at the instant gratification that a
> WYSIWYG tool gives you, but then again people were much more productice
> with wordperfect 5.1 with a text display than they are with word because
> they spend too much time playing with formating.
anyone who was proficient with WP5.1 will probably pine for that level
of productivity. Words are words, format is format. Gotta keep 'em
separated.
djp