Advice for a document management system

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 6 14:12:29 UTC 2009

Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm not sure if you are looking for a document management system, or a
> document editing system. I found this very interesting though.
>
> http://www.alfresco.com/
>
> Allows for collaborative editing, and management.

I had exactly the same thought when I read the requirements. Any
sufficiently complex process needs something like what Alfresco offers,
though Alfresco is one of those "pretend to be Open Source to bask in
its glow" products. Sure, there is an Open Source version but they
deliberately cripple it to encourage people to sign up for the
commercial version. I've used Plone and Nuxeo ECM for this purpose and
both are FOSS and both have very sophisticated document transformation
and workflow methods.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay