Public Works Canada solicitation about FOSS

Robert P. J. Day rpjday-L09J2beyid0N/H6P543EQg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 19:55:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Reading further it specifically states FLOSS software, so I'd
> suggest that we craft a response together.
>
> It also appears that they are looking for reasons to buy FLOSS.
> Worth a shot, but I think the response should be placed in the
> public domain somehow.

  FWIW, I know for a fact that Microsoft has (not surprisingly)
already downloaded that RFI, and there's only one thing Microsoft is
going to try to do with it -- make a case as to why open source is a
bad idea.  Quite simply, they're going to try to fuck things up, the
way they always do.

  You've been warned.

rday

Robert P. J. Day