Advice for a document management system

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 5 18:16:09 UTC 2009

Once i had a somewhat similar problem. I used LaTeX. However, with LaTeX
things are not quite trivial always. While my solution worked, I think a
better one exists around, which I somewhat explored but not implemented.

The latest versions of OpenOffice (guess versions later than 2.3) allow
to run a lot of ooffice commands from terminal window. And even more: it
is possible to run ooffice as a service (server). And ooffice handles
document conversion quite nicely (of course, depending on complexity of
document and the format of the original one).

Hope this helps.

zb.