laptop suggestions?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 3 19:22:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:12:46AM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> dude -- never again!  the battery life on my d820 fell off to 45 minutes
> within 9 months.  awful.  and the keys on the keyboard are really
> flimsy; i have a clumsy right hand, and i'm constantly catching a nail
> underneath one and popping it off.  some go back on, some don't -- so
> for instance i shift by pressing my pinky on directly on the contact
> wires in the circuitboard...
>
> i think the battery issue was fixed after the 820, not sure though.

My wife's asus tablet actually dropped battery life like that after
about 6 months, and a call to asus support with the line "I have a
tablet with no battery life left" was answered with "would you like a
new one shipped to you for an RMA?" without even getting to checking
serial numbers or anything.  They had a bad batch of batteries, and they
were replacing them with no fuss what so ever.

Maybe Dell too got a bad batch of batteries.  Not sure Dell would be as
easy to deall with however.

--
Len Sorensen