OT: Trying to offload some new wireless network hardware

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 3 17:58:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 12:31:41PM -0500, David J Patrick wrote:
> >:)  The routers run a modified Debian.  The switches are some realtime
> >OS that I don't really know anything about.
> [GASP!] whatdya mean Lennart ?? What are you saying ?? [staggers about
> disillusioned] how is this possible ? [begins to rebuild world view]

The switches run some proprietary real time OS, and I have never worked
on the switch products, so hence I haven't had any reason to look at the
source code.  It also uses C++ which I prefer to avoid.  I work on the
routers, which is part of the reason they use Debian (slightly
modified).  Working on the linux stuff is more my thing.

I don't have room in my head for details of all the various things that
aren't linux after all.

--
Len Sorensen