Handling weird input devices

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 1 02:30:07 UTC 2009

On 1/31/09, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The short version: I bought a Contour Shuttle Xpress
> (http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/shuttlexpress.htm).  I'd like
> to get it working (ie. be able to map all the buttons and dials to
> functions of my choosing) with Debian testing (amd64).  Should I use
> gizmod (which has never worked for me in the past) or the much more
> ancient evrouter (which is much praised, but seems to have been
> abandoned five years ago), or is there some other program or method
> better suited to this?

Question is, "Is this a an odd looking device that acts like something
mundane like say a mouse?". I have a Silverstone LC-14 computer case
that has a bunch of buttons on of the case front. Turns out the case
looks to the motherboard like a standard USB keyboard. I've put notes
on how to make the LC-14 case happy with the MythTV program here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/SilverstoneTek_LC14

a tweaked .xmodmaprc file is almost all you need to make the LC14
happy. Is your device just as simple?