OT: Cyrillic character domain names

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 30 08:29:07 UTC 2009

Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> Dean Collins wrote:
>> UPDATE - This is really really bad - check out the paypal phishing
>> example on my blog already using Cyrillic characters
>>

>> http://blog.collins.net.pr/2009/12/de-latinisation-of-web.html

In theory, one could always check if the site is "real" or phishing goes
around, by examining carefully security certificate. In practice - I
doubt if the problem can be avoided that way.

But here the "security certificate" rings in my left ear. Quantum
Computing is going to happen within a decade. There will be no present
day security certificates any more. And all the carefully encrypted
email messages stored so far by Google Mail will become a clear text
messages available for free reading by /*Sergey Brin and Larry Page.

zb.
*/