scp connection refused

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 29 14:12:08 UTC 2009

Well...

Firewall isn't the only possible problem.

What do you wanna transfer by scp? Do you have permissions on the file(s)?

Do you have permission on the remote machine?

You said you got an "connection refused" error. So, are you sure the ssh
server is running on the remote machine?

Try to connect by ssh: ssh user at romete-machine

Or check with nmap if you can see the ssh service running on that machine: #
nmap -O remote-machine

Check if the ssh port is open. You should get something like:

22/tcp open ssh

Cheers

---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net