lame

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 25 21:45:36 UTC 2009

It seems something is wrong with your source file, as per the error message:

"Only 8, 16, 24 and 32 bit input files supported"

Where did you get the file from? If it's from a portable voice
recorder, you may have a non-PCM wave file, which Lame doesn't
understand.

You can probably fix it using sox (it's in the debian repo):

sox --magic ~/Desktop/meetMe.wav -b 16 -c 1 -r 44100 ~/Desktop/meetMe-fixed.wav

The --magic parameter will use ninja techniques to figure out the
original format. The other parameters will convert it to a
44.1Khz/16bit vanilla wav file which lame can easily understand.

[]s
FZero