Avoiding Rogers DNS breakage

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 19 22:42:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> And, how do you opt-out of OpenDNS' advertising redirects, as I use
> OpenDNS, and have never found that option.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Michael Lauzon

You can opt-out by IP address[1], but...

"OpenDNS provides an option to turn off this type of redirection, but
if you have a residential connection with a dynamic IP, all of a
sudden that setting might just disappear."[2]

If you read all the comments from the beginning, user 'davidu' is the
owner of OpenDNS[3]. (which is one of the reasons I like reading
Hacker News, people relevant to the story pop up from time to time to
make comments)

[1] https://www.opendns.com/dashboard/signin
[2] http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=974743
[3] http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=974642