Widescreen Optimum Use

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 15 17:03:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:29:17AM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Yes, my monitor can do 16:9 VGA, but I cannot set that on either of the
> computers that pass through the KVM.  The required settings are not
> accepted.

The KVM should have nothing to do with it.  If the KVM lies about the
monitor DDC then the KVM is shit and should be replaced with one that
passes through the real DDC data.  Nothing else will ever work right.

Check what the X log files say the DDC info was.

Also many computer screens are 16:10 not 16:9.

--
Len Sorensen