weird terminal response

Eric Battersby gyre-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 15 08:21:12 UTC 2009

A friend of mine logged into my machine (CentOS)
from F10 or F11, using Gnome-Terminal and 'ssh'.
He got some weird terminal response after logging out.
The problem is not happening now, but I would like some ideas
on what might have happened, or how to reproduce it.

Here is his description:

   When I log out, my shell window scrolls (a 'home' seems
   to be issued) and the cursor goes to the top of the page.

   After that my shell window is "contaminated". If at a later
   time (say, after an 'ls -la') I do cursor up to issue the
   previous command, the same thing happens! The shell windows
   clears and the command out of the buffer is then displayed
   on top!

--
Eric Battersby.