CURL

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 14 18:38:48 UTC 2009

Thanks Myles,

no kidding those rfc docs are dry reading and I am not writing a http
server so way too much info =)

I came across the man page for cURL but was actually looking for a
tutorial on how to use all the various switches from the command line
for http analysis. I manage to figure out that ones I needed to
pull-down web pages using http get. Still the power/complexity or curl
is something I would love to tame one day.

I was actually looking to write a data scraper / bot in Ruby, there
were a few gems that interface with curl and I wanted to use that
since curl is very fast and stable, but then I managed to find a ruby
gem that made writing bots a cakewalk.

Right now I got a twitter bot sucking down posts, and it should be
easy to write code to tweet from my account using ruby. The next phase
will be to start scraping my followers list and then other people
followers list and then really start having some fun. I've got some
cool ideas for a twitter bot, you know the ones that listen to post to
reply based on certain keyword, that will be my first pet project for
xmas break.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org

Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.