Linux Installs and Children...

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 11 14:12:31 UTC 2009

Haha...

Interesting story.

The fact is that human beings tend to fear the unknown. Because they
are adapted to Windows they start to fear Linux thinking it will be
difficult or even impossible to learn. This fear eventually push them
away from the simple act of TESTING the new System.

Like everything in our life.

It's different with children. They have open minds and are always full
of curiosities trying to know and understand everything that is
available to them. They do not have the fear of "change".

But if we have the chance to do the same test with people who also
have an open mind, we will see similar results.

An example of this occurred in my girlfriend's house. 2 years ago I
installed linux on her home's desktop. This machine is used by her (21
years), her sister (13 years) and her mother (62 years).

Each of them has a different profile and use different applications
but all of them got adapted quickly and can realize all their needs

After 13 months using Linux on her desktop my girlfriend bought a
laptop. The same came with Windows and she brought me asking to
install Linux on it. She had become accustomed to Linux and already
felt better than Windows.

She even comments with her colleagues at university about how her
machine it no longer lives full of viruses. hehe

cheers

---
-  °v°   Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha / Kalib
- /(_)\  ITIL V3 Foundation Certified | Certified Scrum Master
-  ^ ^   Usuário Linux #407564 / Usuário Asterisk #1148
- GNU-Linux - Livre, Poderoso e Seguro
- TUX-CE Member - www.tux-ce.org
- Archlinux-br Developer Team - http://archlinux-br.org
- KDE Brasil Member
- TLUG Member - Toronto Linux User Group
- http://www.marcelocavalcante.net