more ISP advice: wasTeksavvy ISP

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 10 23:24:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:25:03PM -0500, Darryl Moore wrote:
>> Huh? I didn't realize there was such a beast. I though only Bell was
>> forced to allow resellers on their network. Rogers I thought had a
>> complete monopoly over their network. One reason I never considered
>> going with Rogers. Are you saying that there is some form of choice
>> within the Rogers ecosystem?
>
> 3web among others sell cablemodem service.  They are cheaper than
> rogers too.

I was on 3web for a while.  They were great when they worked.  Twice
during a year of service, there was an unexplained outage of 24 hours
or more.  The Rogers network was fine, it was something in the back
end.

Other than those two extended outages, they were rock solid and fast.

I'd say that they're fine if you're using the Internet for games and
stuff, but if you're doing any real work with it, it's not good
enough.

-Mike