OT: Just Got The HP Compaq Mini 110c-1100CA From Rogers

Michael Lauzon mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 10 19:38:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 14:35, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Asking the Linux list if you can run windows on a notebook, tsk tsk :-)
>

> Technically the major differences between XP Home and XP Pro are how
> it handles domains and some other networking stuff, etc. From a
> standpoint of drivers,  both Pro and Home should be able to use the
> same drivers, so provided you've got a XP Pro CD/License, you should
> be able to go ahead so long as the drivers are somewhere you can
> actually download them (like HP's website).

I did also ask about Chrome OS, seeing as how it's based on Linux.  I
do have the disc & license for pro.

Here is the proper link for the netbook, I think:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=4004494&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4004494&objectID=c01910933

--
Sincerely,

Michael Lauzon