OT: Just Got The HP Compaq Mini 110c-1100CA From Rogers

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 10 19:35:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Michael Lauzon <mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I signed up for the 2 year contract, was told it'll take 2 - 4 weeks
> until I get the netbook, was just about to get in the shower when UPS
> knocked on my door.  It comes with WinXP Home SP3 preinstalled,
> wondering if it's possibly to put WinXP Pro SP3 as I have an OEM disc
> that I bought when I built my computer -- I was dual-booting with WinV
> x64.  I also wonder if Chrome OS would run on it.
>
> Here's a link to HP's site if anyone cares:
>
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF25a/321957-321957-3832382-3832383-3832383-4004509.html

Asking the Linux list if you can run windows on a notebook, tsk tsk :-)

Technically the major differences between XP Home and XP Pro are how
it handles domains and some other networking stuff, etc. From a
standpoint of drivers,  both Pro and Home should be able to use the
same drivers, so provided you've got a XP Pro CD/License, you should
be able to go ahead so long as the drivers are somewhere you can
actually download them (like HP's website).