Teksavvy ISP

Slack Rat slacker-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 22:39:28 UTC 2009

Slack Rat a écrit profondement:

| Does anyone have any comments on teksavvy as an ISP?
|
| Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I'm not in Canada, but am thinking of moving early next year. Currently
I'm with Free.fr for an ISP (http://www.free.fr/adsl/internet.html)

So I'm trying to replace, insofar as it is possible, what I have here in
France:

In addition to the benefits advertized on their bait page, there's a
handy 40gb hard drive in the television decoder, unlimited bandwidth, a
landline and VOIP telephone numbers with free calls to most of the
woorld landlines plus cell phones in country code 1, binary Usenet
Newsgroups and reverse lookup if you want it, which I don't, plus sundry
other goodies.

I'm a little miffed at the top speed offered by Teksavvy when I
currently throw a hissy-fit if it drops below 20

But my main concern, and one that I currently have to wrestle with here
is that Free.fr permits anything which doesn't violate the law, as
implied in their anglicized name.

This of course includes spamming and virtually every French spammer has
a Free.fr account.

The downside to this is that my IP is blocked by numerous  mail systems
since it appears in several PBLs as a Level Three Spammer (PBL == Policy
Block List, Level Three Spammer == an IP that has not spammed but which
is in a block owned or controlled by an ISP which has refused to take
any action against verified spammers)

So boiling it down.

1) Is anyone aware of Teksavvy IPs appearing on any block lists or are
being rejected by any email systems?

2) Does Teksavvy provide access to binary newsgroups since I'm going to
lose my direct access to the TV channels that carry bike races live and
will have to wat until they appear on UseNet as they usually do.

--
Slackrat