New User

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 22:35:26 UTC 2009

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Is it? May be. And how about life? Here in Russia where I am now, at
> least I do not need to care for political correctness. It is likely that
> you did not experience that shit in Brazil. In Canada you will.
>
> Some people here will not be happy that we discuss such complex issues
> here. I am however thinking in a different way. I like to talk about
> everything.

Given how complex and multi-cultural Canada, and especially Toronto is,
political correctness is essential to keeping the peace. Discussions
that may go outside of this are okay, but are best done over beer at a
pub where there is no chance of misunderstanding the other person's
meaning.

On things like mailing lists, it's just far too easy to misunderstand
someone so it's much better to maintain that level of political correctness.

Madi