New User

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 20:47:36 UTC 2009

Madison Kelly wrote:
> Renata Rocha wrote:
>> I don't know if you have any policy regarding new users, so I'm
>> presenting myself (before coming back to lurker mode)
>>
>> I'm from Rio de Janeiro, currently living in São Paulo, Brazil.
>> Probably moving to Toronto very soon. Can't wait to know the Canadian
>> linux community.
>>
>> My first contact with linux was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far
>> away (late 90's? I was probably underage...), with a brazilian
>> version named Conectiva, now merged with Mandrake - Mandriva.
>>
>> Hope I can be helpful here.
>
> Welcome!
>
> I'm just a boring 'ol Canadian, but I'm originally from the east
> coast. Sometimes I think that makes me just as foreign though. :P
>
> Anywho, we've got not problems at all with non-Torontonians here on
> the list. Many of us come and go from the city. You'll just see
> occasional threads that won't really apply to those outside, but meh,
> they're usually nothing special.

How can you contradict yourself?

Nothing special?

The point is that yes, everything from outside is special. You are
special because you are from Labrador or NF, or Halifax (where I landed
first in Canada).

I believe that people from outside are more special ;)

There was such a fellow in Polish history, Pilsudski, He used to say
that the best people are from outside regions of the country.

zb.