Well, I'll buy that there's *one*...

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 18:33:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> "10 Windows features I would like to see in Linux"
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=1196
>
> A fair number of the items aren't "features" as I'd recognize them...
>
> The only one I'd unambiguously agree with is that syncing cell phones
> is a Huge Pain for anything aside from PalmOS-based stuff.
>
> - libpisync, for PalmOS, is eminently usable, but the platform is
> effectively dead.  I'm using a circa-2004 Palm Treo; I suppose I could
> upgrade to a Centro (2008) or a Treo 680 (2006, available from Tiger
> Direct these days).  Near bulletproof, by now, but newer models aren't
> compatible with anything meaningful on Linux.
> - I can dump data off a BlackBerry using Barry, but I don't think I
> can push data onto it.
> - I don't think Android syncs against anything meaningful on Linux...
> --
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxdistributions.html
> Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
> myself loving dogs." -
> http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html

My Palm synced nicely with Linux. My girlfriend's iPod mini syncs
nicely with Linux (I believe we last used Rhythmbox for this), but I
have yet to find any way to sync/copy songs properly for the iPhone
3G. Still, I haven't tried it with the newer versions of stuff in
Karmic, and as all the other little issues resolved over time I'm
hoping this one will too...