google wave

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 17:35:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Thomas Milne
<tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My invites are piling up, for some reason I had 8 at first and now I
> have 24, so...they seem desperate ;)

I've only got 22, because I passed a couple of them out!

I suppose that they may have reached the "tipping point" where they
are getting in the infrastructure to be able to scale up to cope with
having quite a lot more users.

I doubt it's actually desperation!

The service is way less interesting than it would be if it:
a) Integrated with GMail in interesting ways.
b) Could manipulate streams of their "chat" messages.  I'm not notably
interested in IM; the offline behaviour of Wave makes that more nearly
interesting.

It's underwhelming at this point.  (And it should be pretty clear, by
now, that if anyone *does* want a Wave account, there are plenty of us
able to point you in the right direction!)
Ted Turner  - "Sports is like a war without the killing." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html