Well, I'll buy that there's *one*...

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 8 22:28:17 UTC 2009

"10 Windows features I would like to see in Linux"
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=1196

A fair number of the items aren't "features" as I'd recognize them...

The only one I'd unambiguously agree with is that syncing cell phones
is a Huge Pain for anything aside from PalmOS-based stuff.

- libpisync, for PalmOS, is eminently usable, but the platform is
effectively dead.  I'm using a circa-2004 Palm Treo; I suppose I could
upgrade to a Centro (2008) or a Treo 680 (2006, available from Tiger
Direct these days).  Near bulletproof, by now, but newer models aren't
compatible with anything meaningful on Linux.
- I can dump data off a BlackBerry using Barry, but I don't think I
can push data onto it.
- I don't think Android syncs against anything meaningful on Linux...
Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html