OT: Need a new computer

Mon Dec 7 21:31:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 01:15:12PM -0800, Pete Lancashire wrote:
>How much stats crunching ? I've been playing around with using the GPU
>for such and if it is something your into, I would look for a GPU that
>has an open API/Toolkit.

Not that much, I do some weird boot-strappy stuff that takes a little
while to "produce" more data, but then the crunching is pretty fast.  If
I have anything heavy I start up a AWS high-memory instance and it gets
taken care of pretty quick.

This is a browse web/watch videos desktop for the most part.
--

yours,

William