Recommendation for personal CMS

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 7 19:04:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM,  <scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Recommendations?

The system that looks rather interesting, in being distributed +
lightweight, is ikiwiki, which is a "wiki compiler."

<http://ikiwiki.info/>
Ikiwiki is a wiki compiler. It converts wiki pages into HTML pages
suitable for publishing on a website. Ikiwiki stores pages and history
in a revision control system such as Subversion or Git. There are many
other features, including support for blogging, as well as a large
array of plugins.

They seem to be doing a reasonable "separation of concerns"...
- SCM is separate from...
- Compiler, is separate from...
- Format of data (though see
<http://ikiwiki.info/forum/an_alternative_approach_to_structured_data>)

My web site is written in DocBook, which indicates a *very* different
approach to structuring, so while I find ikiwiki interesting, I'll not
be adopting it particularly soon :-(.
Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html