Call for salvaged hardware!

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 7 17:52:50 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

some of you may remember that years ago I taught a linux-focussed "build
your own computer" course using salvaged hardware. I'm reviving this
course in the new year at a downtown elementary school, and am looking
for parts for 15 or 16 systems that school kids will build up, install
ubuntu on, and learn to use.  If it's successful, I'm hoping to expand
the program out into a bunch of neighbourhood schools, and maybe get a
kind of computer club going where kids learn a little bit of programming
and systems administrations.

Anyway, that said:  i thought I had a line on a substantial supply, but
my source has fallen through.  So I'm putting out a general plea for
hardware -- boxes, parts, monitors, keyboards, mice, etc...  Meanwhile
I'll keep plying my other connections as well.

As always, thank you in advance to the list!  you guys rock,

Matt

--
Matt Price
matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org