desktop capture

colin davidson colinpdavidson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 2 15:36:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:37 AM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Giles Orr wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> I couldn't get the plugin to run the above on my firefox 3.0.1.
>>
>> Like John, the video wouldn't show in my firefox/iceweasel.  However,
>> I downloaded the video and the quality is quite good.  But at 2.8MB
>> for 43 seconds, you may have to deal with some haziness because it
>> should to be compressed more to make it a more palatable download.
>>

> Hi Giles,
>
> thanks for the feedback. The host I am with has a capacity of 10GBPS, so I
> am thinking this should be more than enough to provide streaming video to a
> few visitors. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any good video editors that
> are fully-functioning to produce streaming videos.
>
> It looks like this is a job for Windows and proprietary software, so I am
> shopping around for a video studio for my meetup group. We are planning on
> providing video content.

Hi Rajinder,

Have you tried Avidemux? I was looking for a video editor that would
let me extract clips from .VOB file from DVDs on which I'd recorded
output from a video camera. This was the only tool that I could get to
do the job and it was easy with Avidemux. (Caveat, it is a Qt tool).

Cheers, Colin