desktop capture

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 2 08:37:16 UTC 2009

Giles Orr wrote:
> 2009/11/30  <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org>:
>>> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:57:33 -0500
>>> From: devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
>>> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
>>> Subject: Re: [TLUG]: desktop capture
>>>
>> <snip>
>>> To give you an idea about quality, here is a (video only) sample of what
>>> I was able to create
>>>
>>> http://devmentor.org/ruby/play.html
>>>
>>> I need to figure out how to make the mp4 file stream while it
>>> downloading, right now you have to wait for it to complete downloading
>>> before you can watch it!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Rajinder Yadav
>> I couldn't get the plugin to run the above on my firefox 3.0.1.
>
> Like John, the video wouldn't show in my firefox/iceweasel.  However,
> I downloaded the video and the quality is quite good.  But at 2.8MB
> for 43 seconds, you may have to deal with some haziness because it
> should to be compressed more to make it a more palatable download.

Hi Giles,

thanks for the feedback. The host I am with has a capacity of 10GBPS, so
I am thinking this should be more than enough to provide streaming video
to a few visitors. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any good video
editors that are fully-functioning to produce streaming videos.

It looks like this is a job for Windows and proprietary software, so I
am shopping around for a video studio for my meetup group. We are
planning on providing video content.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav