desktop capture

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 1 00:59:07 UTC 2009

Thomas Milne wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Rajinder Yadav <devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Lennart Sorensen
>> <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> Capture what?
>>>
>>> For images I like ksnapshot.  Works rather well I find.
>> I like ksnapshot, I think it's cool, however I wanted to capture
>> video, like a screen cast =)
>>
>> http://media.rubyonrails.org/video/rails_blog_2.mov
>
> Hey, that turned out pretty good.
>
> It looks like you're working on a Mac...

Thomas, Oppss that's not me! I forgot to add that I am trying to do
something like the linked screen-cast. It looks like all the cool screen
cast are done using a Mac? I came across a screen-cast (once) and it
looked like it was done on Linux....ha!

Actually since we last talked, I got better at producing my own screen
captures, the quality is very nice, but you do notice some aliasing if
you're trying to capture 1600x1200, goes away if you zoom in on a
smaller window or area.

I found using xwininfo to get the geometry helps, but you still need to
adjust the values. It seems ffmpeg clips the input window and it likes
value as multiple of 2.

I am not looking for a good video editor: Live, Kino and Cinelerra,
KDEnlive look like good possibilities.  Do you know of any others? I
want to be able to insert separate audio tracks easily to do voice overs.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org