copyright consultation Toronto "town hall" starts in a few minutes

Darryl Moore darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 29 12:03:07 UTC 2009

I was there. While the music industry succeeded wonderfully in stacking
the deck, I would not say it was "so-over-the-top". The message the
government was hearing there was the same message they were getting at
many of the round tables, and at their closed door consultations with
CRIA and the like. This "town hall" served well to reinforce that message.

That in turn means it is ever more important to get a submission into
the econsultation website. There are over 3000 submissions to date, most
of them asking for fairer copyright. The only way these submissions will
carry enough weight to counter the influence of the recording industry
will be if there are at least 3000 more.

Please start writing.

cheers,
darryl