unhappy hacking keyboardless

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 27 20:16:10 UTC 2009

| From: David J Patrick <djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org>

| has anyone found a good, compact keyboard available in this time-zone and
| latitude ?

You skipped two dimensions: altitude and time.

Keyboard preferences are so individual.

You mentioned accounting as an application (in another post).  I'd
expect that you want a numeric keypad for that.  I don't use them
much and would prefer more desk space.

I like what HH has done with the function keys (lost them) and the ESC
key (moved it closer).

My favourite keyboard was that on the IBM Model 029 keypunch (but not
the ones made in India).

Apparently Linux Central in Michigan sells HH keyboards and is in our
timezone and close to our latitude (same latitude as London or
Sarnia).  Too bad about the border.
http://www.linuxcentral.com/catalog/?s_prod_name=happy+hacking&set_join=and&cat=search