OT: Dissolve the CRTC

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 25 14:58:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Lennart
Sorensen<lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 05:56:40AM -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:
>> I found out about this petition last week, it's probably not going to
>> go anywhere like most petitions do, but here is a link to the site:
>>
>> http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/
>
> How about fixing the CRTC instead?  Wouldn't that be possible?
>
> I know that some of the things the FCC does in the US would be nice to
> have here from a consumers point of view (mandetory unencrypted digital
> feeds of local stations on cable for example.  Would make cable TV a
> lot more useful to me.)
>
> But yes the CRTC really doesn't seem to care one bit about what is in
> the interest of consumers at all.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

Dissolution seems rather unlikely, but then again fixing the CRTC
without rebuilding it (and firing  a lot of the corrupt
upper-echelons) seems fairly impossible as well. If anything did
happen it would most likely involve a golden-parachute-of-severance
for said upper-management only to have them replaced by something not
much better.