OT: Website CMS

Tue Aug 25 11:21:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:09:13PM -0400, Rajinder Yadav wrote:

>Thanks William, I was thinking this might be the case about
>indentation and my (silly) bias. Unfortunately I have seen too many
>bad C/C++ code that has been well indented yet has too many nesting to
>make it readable.

Don't blame badly thought-out code on the block delimiter.

>Also with many IDEs one can jump to the start and end of a code block,
>since the IDE can match braces. I don't see how this is possible with
>Python style code? If I am writing my own code, or the blocks are
>small or not nested than I have no issues, but from my experience this
>is not always the case.

This is a non-issue, trust me.  The indentation is by definition
consistent, so finding the beginning of a block is trivial.

>If I am going to inspect and use community code, I don't want poorly
>factored nested code to get in my way. I think that is my bigger
>concern.

I think you'll find that the extant code is not as bad as you think,
partly because you can get so much done with so little code.
--

yours,

William