OT: Website CMS

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 25 00:45:18 UTC 2009

This is excellent feedback, each response has raised more things to
consider. I was not looking for comparison on language, but lacking
any development/usage experience I wanted to know more about secondary
things available to these framework on a macro level. For instance
addition modules or tools that would make working with one framework
more productive. Of course great documentation is also required, any
module without good docs is useless to me.

I guess I am looking for a framework that will allow me to stitch
functionality together easily. I don't want to write my own CMS,
however I also don't want a site to look like it's a patch work of say
a wiki site, forum, blog, main landing page. If I later decide to
change the layout, add or remove functionality I would like to do it
in an efficient and painless manner from what's already out there.

I guess I still want flexibility from a programmer's prescriptive and
be able to create my own plumbing if needed. I would rather avoid
having to fight existing code to make it do something else or take
away things I don't want or need. If the framework makes this
difficult than I would not consider it.

As for my ignorance, I think I've learned from the past that as I
learn more, I find out how little I really know =) ... so I am trying
to at my older age to use wisdom and the knowledge and experience of
others to help me save both time and energy rediscovering things,
issues, problems, etc, I don't want to be committed so much in my
project that it becomes 'more' painful to go in another direction when
I find out something for myself.

About Python, being a C++ developer I like using my braces { } to
denote code blocks, or any other visual indicator like 'end'

I maybe be wrong about this, but read that python (only) uses
indentation to denote code blocks? I just don't want to be looking at
code that may have several nested blocks trying to line up code
blocks. That is what is stopping me from liking Python, that were I
stopped looking at Python. If I am wrong about this let me know.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav