OT: Website CMS

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 24 01:36:07 UTC 2009

All,

I am trying to decide on a web framework to use to redesign my
personal website with so I can use it to build a community site. I
have heard of Drupal, and lately I heard about Django from Clifford.

It seem like Django would provide more power and flexibility and look
like a relatively lightweight framework to work with? I have to admit
I'm not a fan of Python, this is totally coming from ignorance from my
part about Python. As a result I am somewhat biased from learning
about Django.

I also started to look at Ruby on Rails as a framework to consider.

Right now Django and RoR seem to be the front runner for me. I
personally like Ruby's clean syntax and get it being a C++ developer,
so my bias is leading me down that part.

I would like to hear from others who might be using Drupal, Django or
RoR about the benefits and shorting coming they have had to deal with
for their CMS framework. I want to make a decision after trying to
collect all the facts before I commit myself to learning a script
language + framework.

One of the things Clifford brought to my attention was about the
community support and help in making a consideration to use a given
framework. IF there is no one to answer your questions on the IRC /
Forum then it's going to make for a poor experience.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav