Migrate MySQL... or not...

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 21 18:20:50 UTC 2009

William Muriithi wrote:
>>> Perhaps a neatral view-point comparison on SQL engines would make a good TLUG
>>> talk?
>>   Isn't anyone who really knows the subject unlikely to be neutral?
>>
>>   A *fair* comparison (or contrast) would be good.
>
> I agree, would be really interested on such a talk. And yes, finding a
> neutral presenter will be a tad hard, but as long as its not blatantly
> biased, it should be okay.
>
> What do you think Richard?

If someone more versed in both wants to give this talk, by all means,
I'd be interested as well. Failing that though, I'd be happy to do the
research and put a talk together in the early new year (have a TPM one I
need to focus on due in October).

I was thinking of asking MySQL folks what they liked over PostgreSQL and
vice versa. Then try to put together the info... Maybe even develop some
(simple) benchmarks to try.

I've been a long-time fan of PostgreSQL, but I think the challenge of
being neutral would be good for me. :)

Madi